Who doesn’t love fantasy sports? That is why I enjoy writing articles about it. Fantasy sports allow me to extend my love for sports (and I love all kinds of sports). Now, for this fantasy sports tip sheet, let us focus on one of the most popular types of fantasy sport, which is fantasy football.
For NFL fans, fantasy football is a great way to maximize the pleasure the game can give sports fans like me. So without further ado, here are the tips I can share with you. Good luck and I hope you find it useful!
1. Be active. When you join a fantasy footballleague, you are committing to the team, which means that you need to always be there. People hate it when you commit and the suddenly go missing mid-season. It makes a total waste of drafting and it just changes the mechanics of the game.
2. Always observe the most watched athletes. One of those athletes was Brett Favre. Favre is now a retired player and the last team he played for was the Minnesota Vikings. He was a spectacular player during his career and he is the only player in history to throw for over 70,000 yards, over 500 touchdowns, over 300 interceptions and over 10,000 pass attempts.
3. Open your eyes and ears to contract year. There is such a thing as the contract year bump and many hardcore fantasy sports owners know this. This is the time when players of the NFL perform better because their motivation is a better contract at the end of the season. Be aware of athletes that have their contract year bump and try to have them in your team. Their motivated performance may be of help to a winning season.
4. Having a good defensive draft is important to fantasy football owners. Always remember, though, that you have to choose a backup bench. The more backups you have the better. This is more relevant when you find yourself with a late pick like Tampa Bay or Buffalo.
4. Take it easy and relax. Fantasy football is meant to be fun. So when you find yourself getting too emotional, always think that you are in a fantasy football league because you want to have fun!
5. Be prepared for a bit of friction when things are heating up in your league. Do not be so sensitive, and on the other spectrum be sensitive to other players. There’s nothing like real-time animosity to break a league.
6. Going with your gut can somehow be helpful. It is important to research on things, but when push comes to shove, go with your gut. If you already have done your research and is considered well-informed, your gut feeling may be based on facts as well as inspiration.